Rules of Publication
Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Law
The catalyst for Central European agricultural, environmental and energy law
Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Law (hereinafter referred to as: JAEL) is the English name of Hungary-based journal ’Agrár- és Környezetjog’.
JAEL is a unique and special journal of Central Europe that publishes comprehensive and specific articles of high academic quality in the field of agricultural, environmental and energy law, as well as in other fields and branches of law in connection with the three dimensions (in particular, its social and economic dimension) of sustainable development, with regard to the strict bond between the Central European region and the agriculture. Primarily, it publishes the articles in English language in order to break down the obstacles deriving from the different languages in front of jurisprudence and to make information change between the region’s countries and the constructive critical comparison possible.
JAEL is a peer-reviewed journal of CEDR Hungarian Agricultural Association, which is published twice a year in electronic form (https://ojs3.mtak.hu/index.php/JAEL).
JAEL’s emphasised aim is the further development of not only Hungary, but all Central European countries’ jurisprudence, as well as the integration of agricultural, environmental and other related areas and branches of law to the international academic life. Due to this, the Editorial Board of JAEL considers important that the authors submit their manuscripts in English or exceptionally in German or French (hereinafter together referred to as official languages), but it also wishes to create the opportunity to publish the articles in the author’s native language. However, the title of the article, the abstract and the key words have to be submitted in English in all cases. With this solution – according to the opinion of the Editorial Board – JAEL can contribute to the development of jurisprudence of the Central European region’s countries, but it can also make the achievements of national jurisprudence visible and available for the international academic life. Besides it, thanks to the authors of foreign languages the Hungarian experts can approach the international and European trends to the Hungarian legislator and „law-applier”.
JAEL’s primary objective is the publication of original studies in the fields of agricultural law, environmental law and energy law from legal authors and even from non-legal authors, if they are met the requirements of JAEL. Beyond the publication of scientific studies, on an ad hoc basis authors can publish other scientific works separately in the JAEL (for examples book reviews, summaries of the conclusions of conferences etc.). In the context of these studies, the peer-review aspects are practised implicitly.
In JAEL it is possible to publish special issues (for example conference-related issue or an issue of students’ publications), for which the rules of peer-reviewing are partially applicable.
CEDR – Hungarian Association of Agricultural Law
H-3515 Miskolc-Egyetemváros, A/6. 102., tel: +36 46 565 105
Prof. Dr. habil. Csák Csilla PhD, president, email@example.com
Dr. habil. Szilágyi János Ede PhD, Head of the Institute, Ferenc Mádl Institute of Comparative Law (Hungary), firstname.lastname@example.org
Szilágyi Szabolcs dr. jur.
Csirszki Martin Milán dr. jur.
- Bobvos Pál PhD (CSc), honorary professor, University of Szeged (Hungary)
- Buletsa Sibilla PhD, ass. professor, Uzhgorod National University (Ukraine)
- Csák Csilla PhD, Dr. habil., full professor, University of Miskolc (Hungary)
- Cirmaciu Diana PhD, ass. professor, University of Oradea (Romania)
- Dudás Attila PhD, ass. professor, University of Novi Sad (Serbia)
- Fodor László PhD, Dr. habil., full professor, University of Debrecen (Hungary)
- Horváth Gergely PhD, ass. professor, University of Győr (Hungary)
- Kurucz Mihály PhD, Dr. habil., ass. professor, Eötvös Loránd University (Hungary)
- Monteduro Massimo PhD, ass. professor, University of Salento (Italy)
- Nagy Zoltán PhD, Dr. habil., Head of the Section of Public Law, Ferenc Mádl Institute of Comparative Law (Hungary)
- Norer Roland PhD, Dr. habil., full professor, University of Luzern (Switzerland)
- Olajos István PhD, ass. professor, University of Miskolc (Hungary)
- Raisz Anikó PhD, Minister of State for Administrative Affairs, Ministry of Justice (Hungary)
International Advisory and Peer Review Board:
- Avsec Franci PhD, ass. professor, researcher (Slovenia)
- Bandlerová Anna PhD, full professor, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (Slovakia)
- Baturan Luka PhD, teaching assistant with PhD, University of Novi Sad (Serbia)
- Farkas-Csamangó Erika PhD, ass. professor, University of Szeged (Hungary)
- Georgiev Minko PhD, ass. professor, Agricultural University in Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- Hancvencl Peter PhD, retired minister plenipotentiary, Austrian embassies in Prague, Bratislava & Warsaw
- Hornyák Zsófia PhD, lecturer, University of Miskolc (Hungary)
- Horváth Szilvia PhD, interpreter, Dr. Szilvia Horváth Sprachdienste (Germany)
- Jakab Nóra PhD, Dr. habil., ass. professor, University of Miskolc (Hungary)
- Josipović Tatjana PhD, full professor, University of Zagreb (Croatia)
- Marcusohn Victor PhD, university lecturer, Ecological University of Bucharest (Romania)
- Palšová Lucia PhD; ass. professor, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (Slovakia)
- Panina Julia PhD, ass. professor, Uzhgorod National University (Ukraine)
- Prugberger Tamás PhD (CSc), DSc, DHC, Dr. habil., professor emeritus, University of Miskolc (Hungary)
- Réti Mária PhD, Dr. habil., ass. professor, Eötvös Loránd University (Hungary)
- Suchoń Aneta PhD, Dr. habil., full professor, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań (Poland)
- Tóth Hilda PhD, ass. professor, University of Miskolc (Hungary).
Linguistic proofreaders (German/English):
Hornyák Zsófia PhD (German)
Szilágyi Szabolcs dr. jur. (English)
All rights reserved. On detailed archiving policy, see:
HU ISSN 1788-6171
DOI prefix: 10.21029/JAEL
JAEL may be downloaded from:
JAEL is indexed by:
JAEL is archived in:
JAEL is supported by the University of Miskolc.