Development of the Diósgyőrvasgyár housing estate, 1868–1945
Abstract
WFounded by Henrik Fazola, Diósgyőr Hámor (Szentlélek) Steelworks initially operated at Ómassa, then Újmassa, and Hámor sites during its first hundred years, and after 1868, at the suggestion of Antal Péch, the state-owned factory moved to its current location. A residential complex was also built next to the new factory, which the state owner developed and operated with great care. The colony took care of its inhabitants from the cradle to the grave, providing both physical and mental refreshment. The social care was exemplary, which the workers thanked with their loyalty, entire generations were workers and residents of the Diósgyőrvasgyár, so that during their lives they hardly had to leave the colony.
References
A Diósgyőri Magy. Kir. Vas- és Aczélgyár története 1765-1910. Miskolcz, 1910.
Kiszely Gyula: A Diósgyőri Magyar Állami Vas- és Acélgyártás története 1867-1945. (Tanulmányok Diósgyőr történetéhez 1.) Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén Megyei Levéltár kiadványa, Miskolc, 1997.
Olajos Csaba: A Diósgyőr-vasgyári kolónia. (Tanulmányok Diósgyőr történetéhez 4.) Borsod- Abaúj Zemplén Megyei Levéltár kiadványa, Miskolc, 1998.
Magyar Mérnök- és Építész-Egylet Közlönye. XXIII. évfolyam, 1889., Budapest
A Diósgyőri M. Kir. Vas- és Acélgyár Munkásjóléti és Kulturális Intézményei. Budapest, 1928